Sunday, January 01, 2012

Ta-Da....I'm Back

Okay, so I have been thinking all night about how to continue with this blog. Do I really want to do the same project that I have now officially failed at, for two years?? I decided not.  So I am switching it up a bit, especially since I know that I have three classes that start on Thursday of this week.
Today I was watching These Amazing Shadows a documentary about the National Film Registry and the importance of preserving films.  I found it incredibly interesting, especially after seeing Hugo a few weeks ago.  This blog has always been about movies. How I feel about movies and how movies affect my life. I love movies....so I decided that this years challenge will be all about The National Film Registry.  Each week I will watch at least one movie that has been listed with the National Film Registry.  If I can squeeze in a few...all the better, but for sure I am committing to one a week.  Then, to add a little bit more of a challenge (because one movie a week seems weak...) I will also commit to watching one documentary a week, because lately that's what I have been in the mood for anyway!  Of course, if I see something else worthwhile I will post about it, but for the project/challenge, its going to be a National Film Registry movie, and a documentary each week.  See you in a few days with my first post!  Happy New Year everyone!!!
If anyone wants to join in this challenge/project, you can view a list of the films selected to the National Registry from 1989-2010 here...List of Films the selections for 2011 are not listed here, I will get that list and update that one next week.  If you watch a movie from this list....please post in my comment section, I would love to see what other people are watching!

No comments: