Friday, August 12, 2011

Entres Nos (2009)

#149 Wow. That's all I can say. I won't give anything away, because I think the power of this film for me...was what I found after the movie, and it wouldn't have been the same experience had I known about it going in.  This movie was, at times, difficult to watch. However, the underlying feeling of hope and survival made it tolerable. The movie is about a young woman Mariana who is brought to American by her restless husband. After being in the country only two weeks, the husband leaves them alone in NY with nothing.  It was harsh and stressful, but also beautiful and strong. Paola Mendoza who plays Mariana, is incredibly beautiful and I didn't realize until after the film that she also co-wrote and directed it.  The two kids were super talented, and I thought this movie was absolutely fantastic.  I highly recommend it. Best part is...its available for instant streaming on Netflix, so go ahead...give it a shot!
Entres Nos (2009)

No comments: