Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Gone With The Wind (1939)

Big cheat here. It just happened to be "new" on Netflix streaming and I just can never resist it.  Sure its flawed, sure when I was a kid I thought the bad guys were the Yankees....but it never gets old for me.  The costumes, the beautiful Vivian Leigh, the music. I love Gone with the Wind.  I keep thinking someday I will watch and wonder what the heck was I thinking....but that day is not today.  I have been watching this movie since I was probably knee high.  I loved Scarlett O'Hara, I "got" her obsession with Ashley Wilkes (unlike almost everyone else in the world...I was totally with her on that!) I loved, loved, LOVED the cockiness of Rhett Butler, played by the dashing Clark Gable. To me this was Hollywood at its finest.  I highly recommend it, and I try to force everyone to watch it at least once, just to say you tried.  Come on...take a few hours this week and give it a shot if you have never seen it before!
Gone With The Wind

No comments: