Sunday, April 24, 2011

Doctor Who Seasons 4-5

Okay, I realize these are not movies, but since they have been the addiction that I couldn't kick for the past few months, and the last week of my life was dedicated to catching up nearly two full seasons in time for season 6 to start on Saturday night, I feel it deserves a post.  I have to say. I love Doctor Who.  I am so sorry that I am new to this game, because I wish I had more time to just sit around, go back to the beginning and catch up, but there are far too many episodes to really watch them all in order. Though I praise anyone who has or is trying to do it, because you are my freaking hero.  David Tennant was my Doctor.  I thought that was not the case after season one.  I really thought that Christoperh Eccleston was my Doctor.  When season 1 ended, I didn't think I could really watch it after that. It took me about halfway through the first episode of season 2, before I not only softened at the idea, but I fell instantly in love with him and I never wanted his episodes to end.  Don't get me wrong...I adore Matt Smith, his Doctor is both innocent and sort of sexy at the same time. But I miss David Tennant, he had that something special to me.  Season 4, by far was my favorite season of all. I loved Donna Noble, his companion throughout Season 4. I loved the storylines, I loved everything.  Season 5 was just okay for me.  I liked it, I thought that it really seemed more accessible to new fans, but I miss David.  That is all.  I am really enjoying Season 6 so far, its difficult for me to watch in real time, because I am so used to being able to start the  next episode right away, but I will get used to it.  Now back to watching some movies again!
Doctor Who

No comments: