Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Maze (2000)

I watched part of this movie a few months ago, I really liked what I saw and somehow I forgot about it and it got deleted from my queue.  I remembered about it and it was still available for instant viewing so I started it over again and I am so happy I did.  I really, really liked this movie.  Sometimes it did feel a little lifetime movie of the week but with really amazing performances.  Maze is about an artist (Rob Morrow) who struggles with Tourette Syndrome, he doesn't want to take any medication to try to help his symptoms because he is afraid it will affect his work.  He falls in love with the pregnant girlfriend (the great Laura Linney) of his very noble best friend Mike (Craig Sheffer).  Mike leaves the country to work with Doctors without Borders not knowing that Callie is pregnant with his child and Lyle (Morrow) is left to try to help her work through the pregnancy by herself.  It sounds far more melodramatic than it really is.  I thought this was a really good movie.  Rob Morrow cowrote the story as well as directed this film and I think it was a fantastic effort. Then again, I have been a fan of his since Northern Exposure and that crush never really went away.  Excellent performances and a really decent movie.  Check it out if you feel motivated.
Maze (2000)

No comments: