Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wonderful World (2009)

I almost gave up on this movie because it felt like such a downer. I am really glad that I stuck it out.  I really do love Matthew Broderick, I think he is super talented, and I wish I could see him do more things like this.  He plays Ben Singer, a former childrens musician who has a really sad outlook on pretty much everything.  He is divorced and has a daughter who is struggling with some things, and he lives with a roommate who has a health emergency.  When his roommate's sister Khadi comes to stay while her brother is in a coma...his life  is turned upside down.  I ended up really liking this movie. I thought Matthew Broderick was subtle but awesome and the little girl who played his daughter, gave a realistic and touching performance. I didn't think this was predictable, though I thought it might be...it had some little surprises.  Great performances, a nice script. Worth watching.
Wonderful World (2009)

No comments: