Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Reed Fish (2006)

I watched this awhile back and never blogged about it.  I only watched this movie because I really like Jay Baruchel.  I find him super endearing in that nerdy guy kind of way.  This movie was cute and quirky. Totally worth watching if not just for the peformances, but the quirky small town story was actually pretty great. Its about Reed Fish, this quirky small town guy who has a call-in radio show in a cute little (very Northern Exposure-esque)town. Everybody knows everybody kind of place. Reed is about to marry his childhood friend, played by the adorable Alexis Bledel, when his world is shaken up a bit when his high school crush (Schuyler Fisk, she of the incredible voice...)comes back to town.  I thought this movie was great, and will probably watch it again, due to the interesting ending, I wonder if it changes the way I view the entire movie.  Fun, quirky and cute, not to mention that the great Schuyler Fisk actually sings in the movie...I say its worth watching. Also its on Netflix Instant play so why the heck not?
I'm Reed Fish

No comments: