Wednesday, April 13, 2011

P.S. (2004)

So since I was in the mood for more Laura Linney....I dug this one back out.  I am pretty sure I already watched this before but I really didn't remember that much about it.  Laura Linney plays Louise, a divorced woman who never really got over her first high school love (who of course....died in a car accident) she meets a boy (the absolutely adorable Topher Grace) who she starts to think is like a reincarnated version of her dead boyfriend Scott. They even share a name.  I kind of liked this, and not just because Laura Linney got to be all forward-older-woman-seducing-adorable-Topher-Grace (though that didn't hurt) but because I really like Laura Linney and I don't know if I have ever seen her in a bad role.  This one was just okay in parts, but as usual her performance stands out.  Plus its nice to see Topher Grace in something other than the cheesy romantic post teen comedies that I have seen him in so far.  I realize this was a few years ago, but hopefully it means that he has these kinds of movies in him....just need to drag them out!
P.S. (2004)

No comments: