Friday, April 29, 2011

Just Like the Son (2006)

I am not even sure how this movie ended up in my queue, but I am glad I somehow ended up with it.  This was a very touching (though sometimes far fetched) movie about a down on his luck petty thief, who is forced to do community service at an elementary school as part of his sentence. You can tell he wants to get his life back in order, he is clearly at a low period.  He befriends this adorable kid Boone, who either is, or isn't an orphan (you never really get the whole story there...a sore spot with me) and ends up "kidnapping" him from a state home, and going on a cross country road trip to try to find the kids older sister. The relationship between the two is both sweet and sad.  It was hard not to get attached to either one of the characters.  This is the second or third time I have seen Mark Webber and have decided that he really is pretty great, and maybe he should be in every single movie of all time.  I totally think this is worth watching, its not super long, so good if you don't have hours to sink into a movie.  Its exactly the kind of movie I like, even if it was slightly predictable.
Just Like The Son (2006)

No comments: